Welcome to the 2020 May Makeover! The first post of each month is a makeover, consisting of the deep clean and new DIY based setup! This series is intended to inspire those trying to make neat DIY based setups. Enjoy!
I will be linking all my posts related to this post later, so read to the end!
Here is Beanie’s current setup. There’s her water, rock, tubes, wheel, food dish, Bran-Bowl, her nest box, some random DIYs and a buried plastic barn. Let’s get started!
- The first step is to remove everything.
- I put Beanie in her 10 gallon holding tank.
- Next I scooped out all the bedding, and sanitized the bin with a vinegar/water solution.
- Add in fresh bedding with some old bedding for a familiar scent.
- Now I added her wheel, rock, some tissue to go under her water dish, a platform-like piece of wood, and a hollowed out crescent-shaped piece of bark, which I had found outside.
- Next I added a food bowl and her Bran-Bowl. I scatter feed Beanie, but also add some food in a dish for good measure.
- After I just added some different DIYs, including the Two-Tiered Tower, small bendy-bridge, and a simple popsicle stick ramp.
And now for the final touch ups!
- I scattered food around in little heaps.
- Then I shredded some tissue for nesting material, and piled it by the bark -cave.
- After cleaning her water bottle and dish I added those in.
And here’s the makeover results! This setup looks quite natural, and I was very excited to use the bark cave I found outside, and I think it looks really neat!
- Makeover Menu
- Beanie’s Nest Box
- Beanie’s Wheels
- Hamster Diet
- Two-Tiered Tower
- Popsicle Stick Climbing Toy
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post! If you’re interested in more hamster-related content be sure to like this post and follow the blog, and I’ll be back on Tuesday with more small pet care, DIYs, recipes, cage setups, stories and more, have a ham-tastic day!