This is a very cliche small pet toy, and one that is very handy to have. It only takes about 5-10 minutes from start to finish to create. It serves as a climbing toy and a tunnel, primarily for hamsters, gerbils and mice.
For this project you’ll only need:
- Popsicle/lolly sticks
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- First make two square frames from your popsicle/lolly sticks and glue.
- Next cover the frames in sticks so they make two little platform-squares.
- Take six sticks, and make them into little steps, three on each square-platform of sticks.
I would recommend putting them the opposite way I did, so the platforms and steps are criss-crossed, because then the gluing is easier later 🙂
- Glue the tops together, and add a stick on top for stability.
- You may want to use two items on either side to support the toy while the glue is cooling.
And you’re done! This toy is super simple to make, and requires very few materials. I like scattering food up and down the steps on this toy so Beanie can forage for them, and this toy is very enriching in that sense.
If you’re interested in more hamster-related content be sure to like this post and follow the blog, and I’ll be back on Tuesday with more small pet care, DIYs, recipes, cage setups, stories and more, have a ham-tastic day!
One Reply on “DIY Triangular Popsicle Climbing Toy”