Today we’re going to be making a very simple DIY tunnel for hamsters, gerbils and mice! Tubes are a very popular toy, and can be used for many purposes, such as a burrow starter.
For this project you’ll need:
- A hot glue gun
- Box/craft knife
Using pink duct tape was a personal preference.
- Using your box/craft knife cut slits in the cardboard. Don’t cut all the way through, and if you go with the wavy ridges in the cardboard it will be easier.
- Now curl up the cardboard with the slits on the inside; the slits make it easier to bend the cardboard.
- Curl up the cardboard to how big you want the tube to be.
- Trim off the extra cardboard.
- Glue and/or tape the tube together.
And you’re done! Tunnels are very handy toys to have, and since they’re so simple to DIY it never hurts to have a few. You can make tubes in different sizes for pretty much any pet if you have a big enough piece of cardboard.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and if you’re interested in seeing more hamster-related content be sure to follow us, see you on Tuesday!