For Beanie’s first birthday I made her a banana cake, which is her favorite food. I wanted to make it even more special, so I decided to make some frosting to spread on top. It turned out really well, and I wanted to share it with ya’ll.
- Yogurt drops
- Microwave, toaster over, or oven
- Small bowl
- Oven mitt
- Put a few yogurt drops into the bowl, and a thin layer of water just covering the bottom of the bowl.
- Heat in your microwave/toaster oven/oven for 30 second intervals until they are mushable.
- Stir and squish the drops into a paste. If you want it runnier add a few drops of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Smear onto your hamster treats/cookies while it’s warm.
- Let the icing cool completely onto the treat before serving.
- If you have leftover icing form it into little blobs and let it dry, reuse as yogurt drops.
I like to use this on my hamster-safe Banana Bread. If you’re interested in more hamster-related content be sure to like this post and follow the blog, and I’ll be back on Tuesday with more small pet care, DIYs, recipes, cage setups, stories and more, have a ham-tastic day!
Thanks to VanillaHamHam’s adorable video which inspired this post!