Happy New Year, Ham Fam! I thought that I would make y’all a little extra content to celebrate 2021, and so I’m going to be showing you how I make cute, arched doorways for some of the DIYs I make!
- First get a cylindrical object or drawing compass to draw a circle your small pet could fit through. I always use this skewer can lid, which is 3 inches in diameter.
- Draw/trace a circle (this forms the arch of the doorway).
- Get a ruler and use some lines to connect the circle to the edge of the cardboard, as shown above.
- Cut out the doorway using scissors or a craft knife.
And that, my friends, is how I create arched doorways easily for my DIY hamster toys! I hope that this post has answered that burning question of how I make such perfect doorways 😄
If you’re interested in more hamster-related content be sure to like this post and follow the blog, and I’ll be back on Tuesday with more small pet care, DIYs, recipes, cage setups, stories and more, have a ham-tastic New Year!
The Demo DIYs:
- Semicircle Hut DIY Tutorial (Available March 9th)
- Staircase Hidey House and Climbing Toy DIY Tutorial