Welcome to the DIY tutorial everyone makes! Today I’m going to be showing you how to create a simple foraging toy for small pets such as hamsters, gerbils, mice, rats, rabbits and other small pets!
For this project you’ll need:
- A paper towel/toilet paper tube
- Dry food or treats
- First flatten the tube and cut it into rings.
- Then begin overlapping the rings in an X over X over X formation.
- If you flatten the overlapped rings it will be easier to put the other ones on.
- Keep overlapping (this is where the patience comes in).
- Now squeeze the sides of the cardboard-pancake and it will somewhat magically inflate!
- Now stick pieces of food and treats into the cracks.
The DIY is complete! Serve them to you small pets, and they can have fun chewing, flinging, and destroying their latest toy.
Thank you so much for reading this post! If you’re interested in more hamster-related content be sure to like this post and follow the blog, and I’ll be back on Tuesday with more small pet care, DIYs, recipes, cage setups, stories and more, have a ham-tastic day!