Welcome to the Krinkle-It Foraging Tube Toy DIY Tutorial! I received a parcel the other day and to my delight it was packed with Krinkle-It paper shreds! As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make this DIY.
With this toy your hamster is provided with food, stimulation, and nesting material.
These toys are ridiculously expensive to buy, and I see no reason to spend money on one when you can do it yourself! Today I’m going to be showing you how to make a few versions of the common, confetti-ish, foraging toy we all know and love.
For this project you’ll need:
- Toilet paper or paper towel tubes
- Krinkle-It paper shreds, hay, or shredded tissue
- Hamster-safe dry food or treats
If you want to make it more like the original you can glue natural twine around the tube.
- First get a clump of the Krinkles, then feed it through the tube so you have some sticking out either side.
- Next get your food or treats and stick the pieces into edges and gaps in the Krinkles. The crinkles in the Krinkles will keep the food inside the tube for the most part.
- To make smaller versions simply cut the tube shorter.
- If you want to make it more like the original you can glue natural twine around the tube.
And voila! A DIY well done. These are super simple to make, and they provide so much enrichment! Please comment down below to let me know if you’ve tried this DIY, and how it went!
If you’re interested in more hamster-related content be sure to like this post and follow the blog, and I’ll be back on Tuesday with more small pet care, DIYs, recipes, cage setups, stories and more, have a ham-tastic day!